Friday 31 October 2014

Happy Halloween

It's been a creative day at our house as we prepared for a friend's Halloween Party tonight. Sam was my helper. Well actually, his help was more in a supervisory capacity, but he did help me pick spooky sound effects for a creepy CD I'm making, he directed me how to make his Minecraft Steve costume and he got very excited when I got the hot glue gun out. Actually, I love the hot glue gun too. I think I went through ten sticks of glue making the Minecraft Steve head! In between, Sam had fun with the learning apps on my iPad and we read some stories. Now Sam can't wait to put his costume on.

Hope you and your little monsters have a fun and safe Halloween. 

Clare and Sam


Halloween lights for the trees made of tins. Paint them black, drill lots of holes to let the light out and pop in a tea candle. Easy. I used pipe cleaners for the handles. Oh and the box is for the kids to put their hands in (if they dare) to feel what's inside. In this case it will be a big dish of cold bake beans with little frankfurter sausages. Yucky! I'm sure there will be lots of screams tonight.
Some grave stones to decorate the garden.
 
Sam wanted to go as Minecraft Steve. Thank goodness for the internet. I found a kids' craft website this morning called K-Zone that had instructions and all the images you needed to download and print off. (I've included the link if you have a Minecraft crazy child too.) I printed off double sides of 'Steve's' weapons, glued them together and was waiting for them to dry before I cut them out. Here's what I found when I went to do just that. 'Someone' had crept in when I was not looking and put their mini weapons on the picture. Guess he was just double checking I had got it right.
 
Minecraft Steve cardboard box head and weapons ready to go.
I found Sam taking a break earlier. At least he was playing education games on my iPad.
We read a few books too.  As you can see, Sam is using a little torch to highlight the words as we read. I picked this idea up from an article posted on Facebook and thought it would be worth a go. It can help struggling readers like Sam to focus on the words better. It seemed to work and he loved using it. Another score.

No comments:

Post a Comment