Thursday 23 October 2014

Day 8 of Home Schooling - Thursday 23rd October 2014

Monday was a pupil free day at Zoe's school, so Sam and I had a pupil free day too. Well, not quite. Pupil and teacher were there, but no lessons took place. That means that today should have been Day 9, but it is in fact Day 8. Confused?

This morning we headed off to a different park for our Phys Ed session. Sam had decided to take his skateboard with us this morning and the other park in our area has a skate park. I have no idea if this was chance or design on Sam's part, but we ended up at the skate park. As we were arriving, lots of fit Mum's were also parking up. Apparently a boot camp style exercise group meets there on a Thursday morning. I watched them punish their bodies as I chased Sam around the park and knew I needed to be fitter. How I could fit it in my already full schedule was the problem. 

I will digress again for a moment and just warning you now, I will do this again and again in future posts. In my twenties, I went to the gym at least three times a week. I would do an aerobics class and then work out in the gym for an hour. I was fit and trim. Twenty years later, I want the body I had in my twenties, but just can't find the time, or motivation, to make that happen.

Back to Sam's home schooling. We had a fun time in the park and then headed home. Sam had a speech therapy session booked for 2pm, so I cut back his lessons at home to a Math session. Oddly enough, Math can be a deficit with 22Q, but Sam seems to have a strength in this area. This is what we did today.
Our morning session was Phys Ed and Sam was great on the Monkey Slide.
Cheesy grin from Sam.
Counting and matching numbers.
Practicing addition with stones.
Finished up with a counting practice iPad App called 'Epic Math'. Sam loved it. He had to count the dots and then choose the correct answer on the right. 



No comments:

Post a Comment