Thursday 6 November 2014

Storms a Comin'

It's been a very hot and humid day and as I write this post, the afternoon sky is an eerie shade of yellow, thunder is rumbling in the distance and the rain coming down has just turned into hail stones. I can hear them bouncing off the tin roof. The air is heavy and sticky. The humidity has made it hard to concentrate today and because Sam and I are a bit under the weather right now, pardon the pun, I cut his lessons back and after we had a late lunch, I let Sam watch the YouTube kids' channels for a while. His favourites are Pancake Manor and StoryBots. Actually, I quite enjoy watching them too.
View from my home office window. Here comes the storm.

After we watched Alphablocks' ABC video, it was time for some new Sight Words. Sam's cutting skills are getting much better too.

Sam recognised four out of the six straight away and with some help breaking down the letter sounds, he got the final two - went, and. This is a big step forward for him. In this activity, Sam is looking for the Sight Words (I've started calling them Cool Words) in the sentences and highlighting them.
Sam went a little crazy with the highlighter pen. He circled the words and then gave himself a big tick. Well, he did get them right, so fair enough.
Next we looked at long /e/ words. The only word he didn't know was 'jeans'.
Then we played the long /e/ picture and word matching game. He got them all without my help. 
Awesome job Sam!

Sam watching the 'ABC Song (Letter Ee)' by StoryBots. 
We read a book to finish.

Chillin' with StoryBots and Pancake Manor.
Alphablocks' ABC Song on YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment